La Grande Crew Index du ForumRechercherMembresS’enregistrerConnexion

Do classical CDs made from early analog tapes sound?

La Grande Crew Index du Forum -> La Grande Crew -> Multimédia Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
JoeClark

Masculin
Point(s): 67
Moyenne de points: 1,00
PSN: JoeClark

MessagePosté le: Ven 22 Déc - 08:50 (2017)    Sujet du message: Do classical CDs made from early analog tapes sound? Répondre en citant

Hi,

I find that classical CDs produced from analog recordings originally made in the late 50’s and early 60’s really make my system sing, and, by far, give me the best sound staging over most modern recordings.  This is especially true in those produced in the pre-Dolby era.  The overtones are just there in abundance and the space is endless and real.
 I’m wondering if others have that experience.

I’m really just starting to take CDs seriously, and have found a similar quality on some early prog/psych obscurities. Where the CD was mastered from tape--they let the tapes (or safeties) out in the early days. In a couple instances that I can think of offhand, the early CD seems much better sounding than its new issue counterpart- even where the original recording was analog, the CD was mastered from a digital file, not the tape and it lacks the overtones and body of the early, straight from the tape mastered CD. 

Please Help.

Thanks,

for more you can check:
References: https://www.theoldergamers.com/threads

Digital Advertising Video

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 22 Déc - 08:50 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
   La Grande Crew Index du Forum -> La Grande Crew -> Multimédia Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Top 10 | Album Photo | Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation